The Sanwa Group conducts its business activities in coexistence with the environment and the local community. As a good corporate citizen, we contribute to a sustainable, affluent society.
Environmental Policy (Sanwa Group Environmental Policy)
As globally integrated manufacturers of building materials, the Sanwa Group contributes to the realization of an enriched society capable of sustainable development through environmentally responsible business activities and the supply of environment-friendly products and services.
- Comply with legal systems and other requirements related to the environment, and communicate with society.
- Appropriately assess impacts on the environment, set objectives and goals, and continuously work for the preservation and improvement of the environment.
- Promote conservation and recycling of natural resources and energy, and endeavor to prevent pollution, for example through the reduction of waste.
- Actively promote the development of environment-friendly products, and endeavor to improve our technological level further.
- Endeavor to raise the awareness of environmental preservation of all people working for the Sanwa Group by ensuring they understand this Environmental Policy and providing them with information about the environment.
- Encourage the companies that cooperate with us in our business activities to undertake environmental preservation initiatives, and endeavor to support their efforts to do so.
In order to promote the above policies, we will endeavor to implement, maintain and continuously improve our environmental management system.
Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Appropriate Waste Management
Promotion of Green Purchasing
Providing of Eco-Friendly Products
Since 2007, the Sanwa Group has held "Sanwa Environment Day" on June 10, in line with "Environment Month" (June), as designated by the Ministry of the Environment. We set this day to further promote the priorities of the Sanwa Group Environmental Policy - "Continuously work for the preservation and improvement of the environment" and "Endeavor to raise the awareness of environmental preservation of all people working for the Sanwa Group by ensuring they understand the Environmental Policy and by providing them with information about the environment."
To raise awareness of the environment, employees share their ideas for environment-friendly initiatives at the office and at home. Ideas are divided into "office" and "individual" categories, and are presented to the whole company to be shared among all employees.
Sanwa holds an Environment Photo Competition to foster willingness to protect nature and raise environmental awareness. All entries are posted on our intranet.